Data Processing: Knowledge, Search and Chatbot products
The Inbenta App application features a set of dashboards that provide insights into the Key Performance Indicators of the Client’s Inbenta instances.
Inbenta stores all the data leveraged from the Inbenta dashboards into a set of databases called the Inbenta Reporting System. The data in these databases are classified into raw data and aggregated data.
- All the events reported through Inbenta integration tools (SDK and API) are stored in their original state as raw data.
- Each event, such as a user question, click or rating, is stored individually. Optionally, events may be grouped together in the same user session.
- Raw Data or original events are only visible in detail views on Inbenta dashboards (usually, after clicking on a magnifying glass).
- Some events which are considered raw data:
- User questions
- Custom events
- The Client’s Inbenta instance’s Key Performance Indicators are calculated using raw data events. When raw data are processed and stored as a Key Performance Indicator, they are considered aggregated data. This means that a Key Performance Indicator can be considered a summary of all the raw data events that may influence this specific KPI.
- Inbenta dashboards show these aggregated data. Each aggregation pertains to a specific KPI. It shows relevant details (e.g., number of user questions per day, click-through rates per day, session performance indicators per day, etc.).
- Aggregated data generally represent the number of occurrences of raw data events. In general, they are completely unrelated to the original raw events that are computed to generate the final KPI (except for specific dashboards that can show raw data through a magnifying glass).
- Some examples of aggregated data:
- Total user questions per day, user type, source, and environment.
- Total clicks per day, user type, source, and environment.
Data Processing: Messenger product
The Inbenta App application provides a tool that handles Call Center business to Client communications.
Inbenta Clients who use the Inbenta Messenger product can configure their different support and communication channels (such as email, Twitter, Facebook, Live Chat, Online Web Forms…) for their Clients or users. Inbenta Messenger then connects to all these channels and establishes a bidirectional communication between the support agents of Inbenta Clients and their end users.
On behalf of its Clients, Inbenta stores the data produced by the bidirectional communication between the Call Center agents and users. This is done as follows:
- Inbenta hosts as Raw Data each individual message produced during the communication between Call Center agents and users. These messages are stored in a channel-independent, normalized format.
- Inbenta makes contact information from Call Center end users (e.g., email addresses, Twitter/Facebook account information or other channel-dependent contact details) available to Call Center agents (i.e., employees managed by Inbenta’s Clients). Inbenta collects this information in accordance with users’ privacy preferences on each specific channel and uses the Messenger product to leverage these data and ensure communication through the specified channels between Inbenta Clients and their end users.
- As part of the Inbenta App suite, Inbenta also offers a set of dashboards that show KPIs regarding the volume of messages and the efficiency of Call Center agents. The data available on these dashboards are considered Aggregated Data.
Data Retention Policy
Inbenta processes the data described in the previous chapters on behalf of its Clients as a Data Processor. The Client, as the Data Controller, takes full responsibility for the data collected through Inbenta Products on its behalf and in accordance with the Product configuration or setup available to the Client.
Inbenta retains the above-mentioned data according to the following stages:
- Raw Data are stored in the Inbenta Reporting System and are available on Inbenta dashboards for at least 100 days.
- After 100 days, all Raw Data are transferred from the Inbenta Reporting System to an Inbenta data archive. From then on, they only become available upon request for legal requirements or auditing purposes, and in a CSV export format.
- Raw Data generated by the Messenger product are excluded from this process and remain available in the system as archived tickets.
- Aggregated Data are stored in the Inbenta Reporting System and are made available on Inbenta dashboards for at least three years.
- All Aggregated Data stored for three years or more may be transferred to an Inbenta data archive, where they only become available upon request in a CSV export format.
- Upon contract termination:
- Inbenta checks that the Client’s instances are not used anymore, and if they are, Inbenta advises the Client to remove the integrations from their systems.
- Inbenta reminds the Client to export the instance data before its deletion.
- Inbenta deletes all Raw Data and Aggregated Data within two months of the contract’s end date. This means all data contained on the Client’s instances are deleted from the Inbenta’s servers.
- Inbenta ensures that all Raw Data and Aggregated Data are stored for two years after they have been transferred to the Inbenta data archive, or until contract termination, whichever occurs first.
Inbenta offers a data masking tool. Clients can use this tool to anonymize the data stored in the Inbenta Reporting System. The Inbenta data masking tool anonymizes information based on a set of patterns managed by each Client (the Data Controller). The Inbenta data masking tool forces the system to store the anonymized data version through all subsequent levels, Raw Data and Aggregated Data.
Inbenta reserves the right to review this data archive and Retention Policy at any time and at its sole discretion, as required by the applicable legislation, or in order to optimize Inbenta internal systems.
The Inbenta Data Retention Policy is always updated at Data Retention Policy – Inbenta . Inbenta will make all reasonable efforts to keep the Client informed of updated versions of this Policy. Without prejudice, the Client undertakes to regularly access the Inbenta website.
Last update: 01/08/2022