Data Processing: Knowledge Management, Search and Chatbot Products
The Inbenta back office application provides a set of dashboards that provide insights into the Key Performance Indicators of your Inbenta instances.
Inbenta stores all the data that it leverages from the Inbenta dashboards into a set of databases called Inbenta Reporting System. The data in these databases is classified into two different types, raw data and aggregated data:
- Raw Data:
- All the events reported through Inbenta integration tools (SDK and API) are stored in its original state as raw data.
- Each event, such as a user question, a click or a rating, is stored individually. Optionally, events can be grouped together in the same user session.
- Raw Data or original events are only visible in detail views in Inbenta dashboards (usually, after clicking on a magnifying glass).
- Some events considered as raw data:
- user question
- custom events
- Aggregated Data:
- Your Inbenta instance’s Key Performance Indicators are calculated using raw data events. When raw data is processed and stored as a Key Performance Indicator, it is considered “aggregated data”. This means that a Key Performance Indicator can be considered a summary of all the raw data events that may influence this specific KPI.
- Inbenta dashboards show this aggregated data. Each aggregation pertains to a specific KPI. It shows relevant details (e.g. number of user questions per day, click-through rates per day, session performance indicators per day, etc.).
- Aggregated data generally represents the number of occurrences of raw data events. It is generally completely unlinked from the original raw events that are computed to generate the final KPI (with the exception of certain specific dashboards that can show raw data through a magnifying glass).
- Some examples of aggregated data:
- total user questions per day, user type, source and environment
- total clicks per day, user type, source and environment
Data Processing: Messenger Product
The Inbenta back office application provides a tool that handles Call Center business to client communications.
Inbenta clients who use the Inbenta Messenger Product can configure their different support and communication channels (such as E-mail, Twitter, Facebook, Live Chat, Online Web Forms) for their clients or users. Inbenta Messenger then connects to all these channels and establishes bidirectional communication between the support agents of Inbenta clients and their end users.
On behalf of its clients, Inbenta stores the data produced by the bidirectional communication between the Call Center agents and the Call Center users. This is done as follows:
- Inbenta hosts, as Raw Data, each individual message produced during the communication between Call Center agents and Call Center users. These messages are stored in a channel-independent, normalized format.
- Inbenta makes contact information from Call Center end users (e.g. e-mail addresses, Twitter/Facebook account information, or other channel-dependent contact details) available to Call Center agents (i.e. employees managed by Inbenta’s clients). Inbenta collects this information in accordance with users’ privacy preferences in each specific channel, and uses the Messenger Product to leverage this data and ensure communication through the specified channels between Inbenta clients and their end users.
- As part of the back office suite, Inbenta also offers a set of Dashboards that show KPIs about the volume of messages and the efficiency of Call Center agents. The Data available in these Dashboards is considered Aggregated Data.
Data Retention Policy
Inbenta processes the data described in the previous chapters on behalf of its clients as a Data Processor. The Client, as the Data Controller, assumes all responsibility over the data collected through Inbenta Products on its behalf, and in accordance to the Product configuration or setup available to the client.
Inbenta retains the above mentioned data according to the following stages:
- Raw Data is stored in the Inbenta Reporting System and is available in Inbenta dashboards for at least 100 days.
- After 100 days, all Raw Data is transferred from the Inbenta Reporting System to an Inbenta data archive. From this point, it becomes available only for legal requirements or auditing purposes, upon request, and in CSV export format. Raw Data generated by the Messenger product is excluded from this process and remains available in the system as archived tickets.
- Aggregated Data is stored in the Inbenta Reporting System and is made available in Inbenta dashboards for at least three years
- All Aggregated Data stored for three years or more may be transferred to an Inbenta data archive, where it becomes only available upon request, in CSV export format.
- Upon the finalization of the contract, Inbenta deletes all Raw Data and Aggregated Data within two months of the contract’s end date.
- Inbenta ensures that all Raw Data and all Aggregated Data is stored for two years after it is transferred to the Inbenta data archive, or until contract finalization, whichever occurs first.
Inbenta offers a data masking tool. Clients can use this tool to anonymize the data stored in the Inbenta Reporting System. The Inbenta data masking tool anonymizes information based on a set of patterns managed by each Client (the Data Controller). The Inbenta data masking tool forces the system to store the anonymized data version through all subsequent levels, Raw Data and Aggregated Data.
Inbenta reserves the right to revise this data archive and retention policy at any time and at its sole discretion, as required by law, or in order to optimize Inbenta internal systems.