Who are we?
We are a company which specializes in artificial intelligence and natural language processing based in Barcelona. Inbenta specializes in conversational chatbots, virtual assistants, e-commerce search, support ticketing, hybrid chat, and knowledge management. Our AI and chatbot solutions understand customers in their own, colloquial language.
We were born in Barcelona and now have a presence in 8 different countries. A team of linguists and developers work hand in hand to develop our products in over 30 languages.
We are growing and constantly looking for outstanding people who help us do outstanding things. Would you like to become an Inbentor?
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a linguist with advanced or native level of Chinese to join our Lexicon and Knowledge Engineers teams in Barcelona. You will work hand in hand with the other linguists and developers in these teams, taking part in lexicographic tasks for the maintenance of our dictionaries in Chinese, testing the quality of our linguistic preprocessing in this language and carrying out corpus analysis of real interactions of users with our chatbots and dialog systems.
Also, as a Knowledge Engineer, you would help our customers by directly improving their vocabulary, linguistic resources and chatbot dialogs in Chinese, helping them improve the linguistic quality of their solutions in this language.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Improving our lexical resources in Chinese
- Analyzing linguistic corpora in Chinese to detect linguistic patterns that need to be understood by our NLP tools.
- Testing the quality of our natural language preprocessing modules and how well adapted they are to the needs of Chinese language.
- Identifying potential improvements in our current Lexicon and Natural Language Understanding tools.
- Helping our customers improve their linguistic resources in Chinese.
- Helping our customers improve matching quality in their chatbots in Chinese.
- Helping our customers improve their contents in Chinese.
- MS or PhD in Linguistics, Philology, Translation or other language-related degrees.
- Proven proficiency (C2) in Chinese and English
- Good knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan, as well as other languages, will be a plus.
- Knowledge of lexicography and corpus analysis.
- Basic knowledge of regular expressions.
- Knowledge of SQL as well as some knowledge of python will be a plus.
- Good analytical skills.
Besides these skills, we look for someone flexible, autonomous and organized, and with capacity to work in a team.
What do we offer?
- A full-time position based in Barcelona, with the possibility of working from home. We are also open to Part-time and Freelancers collaborations.
- Training programs for all our employees.
- A multilingual and multicultural environment.
- Working with a multi-skilled team of software architects, computational linguists and UX specialists.
- Good work-life balance and a flexible schedule.
- Enjoy working in different countries with our Exchange Program in Barcelona, Silicon Valley, Brazil, France and Japan, exclusive for employees.
- Ticket Restaurant.
- Free fruit and coffee in the office.
- “Futbolin” at the office to enjoy with the team.
- Team-building activities and parties.