Who are we?
We are a company which specializes in artificial intelligence and natural language processing. Inbenta specializes in conversational chatbots, virtual assistants, e-commerce search, support ticketing, hybrid chat, and knowledge management. Our AI and chatbot solutions understand customers in their own, colloquial language.
We were born in Barcelona and now have a presence in 8 different countries. A team of linguists and developers work hand in hand to develop our products in over 25 languages.
We are growing and constantly looking for outstanding people who help us do outstanding things. Would you like to be an Inbentor?
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Computational Linguist with good knowledge of German and, ideally, also other Germanic languages (ie. Dutch) to join our Lexicon and Natural Language Research team in Barcelona. You will work hand in hand with the other linguists and developers in the team improving our lexical resources, also taking part in the design of new features to enhance our linguistic platform.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Improving our lexical resources in German, English and other languages (based on skills).
- Corpus analysis of real user interactions to detect linguistic patterns.
- Identifying potential improvements in our current lexicon edition tools and Natural Language Understanding algorithms.
- Defining and/or developing new tools for linguistic analysis.
- Testing new natural language functionalities developed by our teams.
- MS or PhD in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics or another Linguistics-related discipline.
- Proficiency level in English and German.
- Good knowledge of Dutch and other Germanic languages will be highly valued.
- Good knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan.
- Knowledge of lexicography and corpus analysis.
- Basic knowledge of regular expressions
- Knowledge of Python or other programming languages, as well as basic knowledge of SQL commands will be a plus.
- Knowledge of NLP libraries and understanding of statistical methods in NLP will be a plus.
- Good analytical skills.
Besides these skills, we look for someone flexible, autonomous and organized, and with capacity to work in a team.
What do we offer?
- Full-time position based in Barcelona.
- Full training and continuous learning.
- A dynamic and multilingual environment.
- Good work-life balance, flexible schedule and work-from-home program.
- At Inbenta we value initiative, creativity, imagination and responsibility. We reward all this with internal promotions.
- Exchange program in one of our overseas offices (United States, Japan, Brasil, …).
- Free fruit and coffee in the office.