Who are we?
We are a company which specializes in artificial intelligence and natural language processing. Inbenta specializes in conversational chatbots, virtual assistants, e-commerce search, support ticketing, hybrid chat, and knowledge management. Our AI and chatbot solutions understand customers in their own, colloquial language.
We were born in Barcelona and now have a presence in 8 different countries. A team of linguists and developers work hand in hand to develop our products in over 25 languages.
We are growing and constantly looking for outstanding people who help us do outstanding things. Would you like to be an Inbentor?
What are we looking for?
We are looking for a Computational Linguist to join our Lexicon and Natural Language Research team in Barcelona. You will work hand in hand with the other linguists and developers in the team, taking part in the design and implementation of new features to enhance our linguistic platform, as well as in the research of new NLP tools to cope with the particularities of all the languages we offer.
Your main responsibilities will be:
- Improving our lexical resources in English, Spanish and/or Catalan, or other native languages.
- Identifying potential improvements in our current lexicon edition tools and Natural Language Understanding algorithms.
- Participating in the design new lexicon edition tools.
- Designing and developing prototypes for new natural language processing functionalities.
- Testing and documenting the new functionalities developed by the team.
- MS or PhD in Linguistics, Computational Linguistics, or another Linguistics-related discipline.
- Proficiency level in English, Spanish and/or Catalan.
- German, Portuguese or Japanese would be a plus.
- Knowledge of lexicography and corpus analysis.
- Basic knowledge of regular expressions.
- Knowledge of NLP libraries and understanding of statistical methods in NLP will be highly valued.
- Knowledge of python or other programming languages and SQL, as well as some notions in machine learning will be a plus.
- Good analytical skills.
Besides these skills, we look for someone flexible, autonomous and organized, and with capacity to work in a team.
What do we offer?
- A full-time position based in Barcelona city center.
- A multilingual and multicultural environment.
- Working with a multi-skilled team of software architects, computational linguists, and UX specialists using latest methodologies like Scrum.
- Good work-life balance and a flexible schedule with option to work from home.
- Enjoy working in different countries with our Exchange Program in Barcelona, Silicon Valley, Brazil, France and Japan, exclusive for employees.
- Ticket Restaurant.
- Free fruit and coffee in the office.
- “Futbolin” at the office to enjoy with the team.
- Team-building activities and parties.