Natural language processing ranks first in freelancing website Upwork’s list of the fastest growing skills in the global job market.
It is something that we ask ourselves as children, in college, when we graduate and maybe even four or five hundred times after that. What is the best job to do? If you are struggling for inspiration, you could do worse than call on Siri or ask Amazon’s Alexa for advice.
Demand for workers with experience in natural language processing (NLP) increased faster than any other skill in Q4 2016, according to Upwork. Compared to last year, the desire for people who can program computers to understand human speech grew by more than 200%.
Why is natural language processing so important?
- We are accruing more data than ever before. We produce 2.5 exabytes every day – the equivalent of 530,000,000 songs, 150,000,000 iPhones or 90 years’ worth of HD video. Companies are now asking how they can effectively mine this gold rush of information.
- Chatbots for messaging apps are surging. With more than 3 billion people currently using apps such as Facebook Messenger, WhatsApp and WeChat, a messenger chatbot allows companies to engage with customers in a more personal way. As 64% of consumers believe companies should be contactable on messaging applications, it will be crucial to incorporate a chatbot with effective NLP.
- It ultimately improves customer service. Gartner predicts that 85% of customer-enterprise relationships will occur without human interaction by 2020. Virtual assistants will soon become the face of companies.
How Inbenta leads the way
Inbenta is a pioneer in innovative search technology for enterprises. We apply the latest advancements in NLP technology to improve online customer service for businesses and their customers.
Inbenta has been named as one of the top five key vendors within the chatbot market, which is expected to increase at an annual rate of 37.1% up until 2021.
Interested in finding out more about how our patented technology can help your business? Our experts are available to design a custom proposal for you.
Check out our similar articles
- The Most Popular NLP Use Cases
- Time-To-Market of Conversational AI: Are Chatbots Worth it?
- Federated Search: All One Needs In A Search